Do you want to help support HBC? You can contribute through e-transfer to marc@huntingbc.ca or via PayPal

Thread: Chesapeake Puppies

Chesapeake Puppies

Well, with having say goodbye to 15 year old male black lab this year and with my female chocolate cross at 14 years old with some health problems I'm starting to look at planning for a new puppy. I'm leaning towards getting a Chesapeake, just wondering if there are any breeders or information on quality Chesapeake breeders here in BC. I'm located on the South Island. Any info would be appreciated.
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Chesapeake Puppies

Brian West in central Alberta has bred some great Chessies…..
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

Tsunami kennels out of Smithers breeds nice Chessies.

I've had 2 out of there. My current guy is 4, nephew of my last one, he's a little bit too friendly with people but he's a good dog and what a Chessie should be otherwise. His uncle was bigger and tougher and a meaner to strangers... he was the best.

I'm near Cumberland if you're up Island and want to meet my dog you can come by.

Lozzie I'll be following this. We're in the market for a dog and a cheasapeak is on the short list.

My first chessie was a male that I put down at 12 yrs old... we had a dozen memorable years in the field and as a great family member. About a year after being without a dog and a totally different fall without a hunting companion, the girls and i went for a drive to Lumby to check out a fresh litter at the time. Of course we came home with a female pup and she has been nothing short of an exceptional all around retriever. While smaller then my previous male, she makes up for it with exuberance and a superior nose...she is bird crazy!

Get in touch with Dave (also a member here) at the link below to see if he has any upcomign litters. He is a great breeder with quality pup development and exceptional lineage. https://www.trinitykennels.ca/