Do you want to help support HBC? You can contribute through e-transfer to marc@huntingbc.ca or via PayPal

Thread: Archery Training

Archery Training

Wondering what folks do to train when you’re unable to actually shoot arrows…..I see there are various drawing devices on Amazon etc. but wonder about the effectiveness. I think that you play the way you practice and in archery, I like to try to keep each draw and fire as consistently the same as possible.

Do any folks train muscle memory and consistency by drawing your bow to full draw, finding a sight picture, holding in the relief, and returning the string? I’ve seen the “releases” in shops that are basically a release type mechanism with a hook at the end to prevent unintentional dry firing….anyone know the correct nomenclature and where to source one?

I see value in training with the equipment you’ll use, but also don’t want to shorten the life of major components either.

Wondering what others do/think.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Archery Training

I can shoot about 10 feet in my garage. I should probably do it more to practice my form.