Do you want to help support HBC? You can contribute through e-transfer to marc@huntingbc.ca or via PayPal

Thread: Assistant hunting guide exam

Assistant hunting guide exam

Anybody got tips or advice on areas to focus more while studying?

Another question I have is does the yukon, nwt and alberta let you guide in their provinces if you have your certificate in BC or do they require you to be certified by them? Figured id ask while im here but will call the provinces/territories and ask when I got time

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Assistant hunting guide exam

Here's from the GOABC website FAQs: https://goabc.certifymeonline.org/Details/FAQ

Is my Assistant Hunting Guide Certification Card valid in other jurisdictions?

No. Your Assistant Hunting Guide Certification Card is only valid in British Columbia.

You're studying? its an open book but even though I just did it, 72/75...let us know when you pass and I will welcome you to the club haha
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by superdrupal View Post
    Here's from the GOABC website FAQs: https://goabc.certifymeonline.org/Details/FAQ

Is my Assistant Hunting Guide Certification Card valid in other jurisdictions?

No. Your Assistant Hunting Guide Certification Card is only valid in British Columbia.
    I know I talked to them but they said ask the other provinces, but i'll give each one a call see what they say

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    You're studying? its an open book but even though I just did it, 72/75...let us know when you pass and I will welcome you to the club haha
    Lol yeah just because there is a time limit want to be prepared instead of scrambling the material to find answers, good to know too though especially if your going to pursue work.

Will do buddy!

hmm screwed up my exam years ago..got 1 question wrong....a medical question LOL
    the examiner asked me to reethink the question as a 19 year old rookie WITHOUT the benifit of 25 years experience as a PARAMEDIC....what would the answer then be.....DUH..yet another way to rehumble me daily..

seemed to concentrate on RULES REGULATIONS IMO.....as not to step in the doo doo..
    steven

Its like getting a boaters licence....more of a tax than a knowledge test.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA