Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New higher fines for Poaching

Re: New higher fines for Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I think all fines including traffic and what ever should be tied to you income. For lots of us retired folks $1495 is a months income for others thats just loose change. But it would be to difficult to do, I'm sure.
    I'd agree with that. Funny enough. I got a speeding ticket and am going to fight it. If I lose, I told the wife I was going to tell them to send me to jail. I am retired so I have time. Gonna be asking for weekends. Then I show up at 3 pm and when the dinner crowd gets off work and fills up. They release those who got there early. I won't let them take my money. I am at the age where I take far more from the govt than what they can get out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    These are the fines for the tickets that COs can had out and not the maximum fine under the Wildlife Act that can be imposed by a Judge. Those still can range in the multiple thousands of dollars if the court decides it’s a serious enough offence. Officers have to decide on which is appropriate for the situation at hand. A ticket or court appearance. Crown Counsel has the final decision on what goes to court. COs can’t seize your vehicle for other than evidentiary purposes to prove a violation. They can submit a request that it be included in the penalty assessed by the Courts n serious cases. The Judge can order it forfeited to the Crown if deemed appropriate. A Judge will rarely fine someone an amount in excess of their ability to pay the fine in a reasonable amount of time. Both Crown Counsel and Defence make submissions on this.
    Hey Steve, did you ever fine a status indian that shot an animal out of season or had no tag or licence? and if so did it ever get to court and what was the outcome.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Hey Steve, did you ever fine a status indian that shot an animal out of season or had no tag or licence? and if so did it ever get to court and what was the outcome.
    No I didn’t. The majority of my contact with FN hunters was in the Treaty 8 area. I also started just a few years before the Sparrow Decision.