Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maps for 7-24 area.

Maps for 7-24 area.

Hi all fellow hunters as we all wait to see if we get the leh draw I have put in for 7-24 and no nothing about this area and at the ripe age of 72 I would like to go for my last moose hunt with my son here. Would like to no if there is areas that I could walk mabe 1 mile or less as I am disabled from a work accident and would like to find a good spot to sit and glass the area as I just had a heart valve op and am filling so much better that I am ready for this hunt. Also would be a great father son time. Also were is the best place to get maps of this area as for fishing and hunting. thanks to all and may you have the hunt of your life this year. Thanks Charles B.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Maps for 7-24 area.

Hi Charles, I'm not familiar with 7-24 but a good mapbook is the Northern BC backroads one.

https://www.backroadmapbooks.com/brm...ntry-maps.html

Google earth is a good program shows roads and contours very well. Just download and explore.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

check out the areas surrounding Merton/Peculiar lakes, and the ground between the 2. From there you can check out areas south of Merton lake, like slender lake. Its quite a bit of country to look at, and I believe there is not ATV restrictions in 7-24? I have seen some beauty moose come out of that country over the years! Heavily logged, but when the rut is on, the moose can be fooled! Moosinaround
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Thanks for the info moosin well aprecieated

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckerb View Post
    Thanks for the info moosin well aprecieated
    PM me if you get it, I’ll steer ya to a few places. If you can call moose, you should see some!!moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Lots of lakes, bring a fishing rod
    Member of the CCFR, but not a "Violent Extremist"

As mentioned B.C.Map Books ! Also you can have any page in the Map Books blown up for better viewing
    Good Luck !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckerb View Post
    Hi all fellow hunters as we all wait to see if we get the leh draw I have put in for 7-24 and no nothing about this area and at the ripe age of 72 I would like to go for my last moose hunt with my son here. Would like to no if there is areas that I could walk mabe 1 mile or less as I am disabled from a work accident and would like to find a good spot to sit and glass the area as I just had a heart valve op and am filling so much better that I am ready for this hunt. Also would be a great father son time. Also were is the best place to get maps of this area as for fishing and hunting. thanks to all and may you have the hunt of your life this year. Thanks Charles B.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

I have ordered topos from a place online called yellow maps, and apparently a surveyor in Fort St. John can print them as well. Lots of other companies online selling Canadian topos. You can buy custom or grid paper maps from Backroads Mapbooks as well, but your best bet is to find a app for your phone that lets you download both topo and satellite imagery to your phone and view it off grid for navigation.

I believe some of the road closures and bridge removals mentioned are within 7-24 , correct me if I am wrong

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HuntingBc/permalink/4035337643360576/?mibextid=W9rl1R