PDA

View Full Version : Is hunting still considered essential?

bruce44
05-06-2021, 08:47 PM
Last year hunting was considered essential, is that still the same? I was wondering because now you can’t travel outside your region unless it’s essential.

savage10
05-06-2021, 08:54 PM
Travelling outside your region for hunting is now considered recreational according to the govt

BCHunterTV
05-06-2021, 08:55 PM
no its not... its considered recreational. If youre Indigenous you have section 35 of the constitution, right to hunt and fish.

Yuritau
05-07-2021, 11:15 AM
It's interesting to me how many people keep getting it wrong. Neither hunting nor fishing has had it's essential status taken away. It's just travel outside your health region that has been deemed non-essential.

AK-47
05-07-2021, 12:38 PM
And fine is $575 for hunting outside of your residence region.
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/fishing-and-hunting-covid-19-updates

Now FN are happy as never before.

RackStar
05-07-2021, 12:43 PM
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/fishing-and-hunting-covid-19-updates

Now FN are happy.

why just FN people? In reality they’ve filled freezers before you even get a chance to go out. So I’m sure it makes no difference to them...

but I’m sure they’re happy to not see a bunch of city slickers spreading covid to their small communities with less established medical resources.

AK-47
05-07-2021, 12:57 PM
why just FN people? In reality they’ve filled freezers before you even get a chance to go out. So I’m sure it makes no difference to them...

but I’m sure they’re happy to not see a bunch of city slickers spreading covid to their small communities with less established medical resources.

Absolutely right.
But they always blocked other's hunters access. Now government did that on legal basis.
And of course they do not want to see "city slickers" hunting. Al those "city slickers" have to do is to work hard and pay taxes, so government has a money to give to FN. As well providing vaccine in first order by the way: all FN ( who wanted ) already been vaccinated.

russm
05-07-2021, 01:07 PM

Now FN are happy as never before.

Ag the cops discretion,ypu don't just automatically get a fine,get your shit right

AK-47
05-07-2021, 01:09 PM
Ag the cops discretion,ypu don't just automatically get a fine,get your shit right

Probably they will ask you to leave first.

specbelly
05-07-2021, 03:29 PM
Who cares. Last time I looked this was still a free country. Can’t think of a safer place then out in the bush. If a road check asks me if my travel is essential then the answer is YES. Don’t need to answer anything else after that period

wildcatter
05-07-2021, 03:43 PM
Who cares. Last time I looked this was still a free country. Can’t think of a safer place then out in the bush. If a road check asks me if my travel is essential then the answer is YES. Don’t need to answer anything else after that period

Good luck with that and this is not a free country anymore.
And you will have to prove to the cops that your travel is essential.
What I mean if they want to give you grief thay can.

RackStar
05-07-2021, 05:41 PM
Absolutely right.
But they always blocked other's hunters access. Now government did that on legal basis.
And of course they do not want to see "city slickers" hunting. Al those "city slickers" have to do is to work hard and pay taxes, so government has a money to give to FN. As well providing vaccine in first order by the way: all FN ( who wanted ) already been vaccinated.

lumping a whole race into lazy people that don’t work...perfect. Better keep the damn immigrants out too , they’re “taking” all the jobs right?

I guess giving the vaccine to all the communities that can’t keep up with the medical demand during outbreaks was a totally out to lunch idea. They’re not white anyways who cares what happens to them.

HikerHunter
05-07-2021, 05:42 PM
by asking for proof they are violating your rights.

RackStar
05-07-2021, 05:43 PM
Ak-47 I can almost visualize the “f Turdo “ bumper sticker on your whip from here

huntingfamily
05-07-2021, 06:51 PM
"The most recent Emergency Program Act order bans non-essential travel between three regional zones until May 25th. Travel for hunting and fishing, whether for food or for recreation, is not considered essential."

https://bcwf.bc.ca/bcwf-presidents-response-to-travel-restriction-for-hunters/

RyoTHC
05-07-2021, 07:41 PM
Ak-47 I can almost visualize the “f Turdo “ bumper sticker on your whip from here

I’d proudly sport one of those.. they don’t seem to make them for bicycles though *frown*

Imdone
05-08-2021, 08:16 AM
When The Turd Sr. Was running the show way back when, you could buy Toilet Paper with his face on it with several different expressions, some one should bring it back, it would be a hit.

specbelly
05-10-2021, 11:47 AM
Cops DO NOT have the right or power under the charter to demand proof that your travel is essential. Ever our so called premier stated the other day he doesn’t have the constitutional power to stop Albertans from driving into B.C. yet they say they can restrict us from travelling with B.C. Give me a break. If I need to travel I will. I will follow ware practises but I’m free to go where I want

puddlejumper
05-10-2021, 12:14 PM
Cops DO NOT have the right or power under the charter to demand proof that your travel is essential. Ever our so called premier stated the other day he doesn’t have the constitutional power to stop Albertans from driving into B.C. yet they say they can restrict us from travelling with B.C. Give me a break. If I need to travel I will. I will follow ware practises but I’m free to go where I want

Just so you are aware, the Charter is NOT absolute and emergency orders are not just dreamt up. Emergency orders have limits that are constrained by legislation and yes, Albertans can be handed fines or potentially turned around if travel is deemed not essential. Just like travelling between the zones within BC. Is it perfect? No, we still have idiots travelling around as if no one can do anything about it, thinking they are free to go where ever they want.

Bubbacanuck
05-10-2021, 02:00 PM
zero tickets written since the road blocks tells you everything....

specbelly
05-10-2021, 03:19 PM
We are free to travel. Don’t get sucked into this crap. Ask any RCMP if they can stop you or demand to know your reasons. This virus is nasty but not near as nasty as the cure our governments are imposing. It’s a virus and will never go away. Use common Sense get vaccine and enjoy every day you have. I’m really tired of all the fear tactics and the “ deadly virus”. Do some research on numerous sites it’s a nasty virus but not the deadly doomsday killer they portray. Just my 2 cents. Kinda like the stories Trudeau is trying to portray about all our assaults rifles

walks with deer
05-10-2021, 04:19 PM
The intent of the travell ban is to slow the spread of Covid the covid ridden lowermainlanders will spread it through the interior faster than the elephant hill fire nuked cache creek... espeacially the ones with lever actions i heard they are the culprits..

Hahahhahahlol

puddlejumper
05-11-2021, 08:11 AM
We are free to travel. Don’t get sucked into this crap. Ask any RCMP if they can stop you or demand to know your reasons. This virus is nasty but not near as nasty as the cure our governments are imposing. It’s a virus and will never go away. Use common Sense get vaccine and enjoy every day you have. I’m really tired of all the fear tactics and the “ deadly virus”. Do some research on numerous sites it’s a nasty virus but not the deadly doomsday killer they portray. Just my 2 cents. Kinda like the stories Trudeau is trying to portray about all our assaults rifles

Bit of an update. Given the number of vehicles stopped this seems reasonable to slow the spread of the virus.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/no-tickets-issued-2-cars-turned-back-during-b-c-s-first-weekend-of-covid-19-travel-checkpoints-1.5420729

caddisguy
05-11-2021, 08:44 AM
Bit of an update. Given the number of vehicles stopped this seems reasonable to slow the spread of the virus.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/no-tickets-issued-2-cars-turned-back-during-b-c-s-first-weekend-of-covid-19-travel-checkpoints-1.5420729

Article says out of the 1400 vehicles stopped, only two vehicles were asked to turn around:

-----
"VANCOUVER -- Police say they have stopped more than 1,400 vehicles since B.C.’s COVID-19 travel roadblocks were put in place on Thursday.

Nobody has been fined or ticketed, and only two vehicles were asked to turn around, says Dawn Roberts, head spokesperson for the B.C. RCMP.

“We've only seen two vehicles that were required to turn back and they did so voluntarily because they weren't able to meet the essential service provisions, and everyone else has been compliant and we've actually written no tickets,” she said."
-----

I am not sure how much turning around 2 vehicles out of the other 1398 that went through will make a difference in slowing the virus. Probably comes with a 7 figure price tag too. Worth it?

Meanwhile international travellers and travellers from other provinces are free to roam anywhere. I doubt turning around 2 BC residents when you have travellers from all over the rest of the world free to roam anywhere in BC makes any sort of difference when it comes to a virus spreading. The article goes on to suggest that residents of BC may very likely see these travel restrictions continue indefinitely:

-----
"The roadblocks are currently set to operate until May 25, when the travel restrictions are scheduled to end. However, many past COVID-19 restrictions have been extended."
-----

I speculate it will be extended, but we will get a little bit of "freedom" in the summer before the restrictions come back just in time for fall GOS.

Yuritau
05-11-2021, 09:57 AM
I am not sure how much turning around 2 vehicles out of the other 1398 that went through will make a difference in slowing the virus. Probably comes with a 7 figure price tag too. Worth it?

Now consider the number of people that did not embark on trips they otherwise would have, if the restrictions and roadblocks were not in place.

Don't draw conclusions from incomplete information.

Sirloin
05-11-2021, 10:05 AM
Now consider the number of people that did not embark on trips they otherwise would have, if the restrictions and roadblocks were not in place.

Could you imagine the numbers of people who did not break the rules and guidelines during communist Russia out of fearing their government?

Numbers must be staggering.

caddisguy
05-11-2021, 10:30 AM

There are no conclusions in my post at all, hence the use of "I doubt", "I speculate".

If one can post that same article and conclude the road blocks seem reasonable with regard to slowing down the virus, I think anyone should be able to read that same article and express their own thoughts?

The reality remains that international, inter-provincial and essential travellers are free to roam anywhere. Perfectly reasonable for anyone to question whether restricting travel of residents will slow down the spread of an airborne virus in any significant way and whether it is an appropriate trade-off for the cost of the road blocks, economy and freedom, possibly for the long term.

RyoTHC
05-11-2021, 11:10 AM
Let’s leave it at anyone who’s scared of this should just stay the **** home and let the rest of the normal healthy humans go about their business.

shutting down the country to save some old people? No thanks, they lived their lives.

puddlejumper
05-11-2021, 02:13 PM
Article says out of the 1400 vehicles stopped, only two vehicles were asked to turn around:

-----
"VANCOUVER -- Police say they have stopped more than 1,400 vehicles since B.C.’s COVID-19 travel roadblocks were put in place on Thursday.

Nobody has been fined or ticketed, and only two vehicles were asked to turn around, says Dawn Roberts, head spokesperson for the B.C. RCMP.

“We've only seen two vehicles that were required to turn back and they did so voluntarily because they weren't able to meet the essential service provisions, and everyone else has been compliant and we've actually written no tickets,” she said."
-----

Meanwhile international travellers and travellers from other provinces are free to roam anywhere. I doubt turning around 2 BC residents when you have travellers from all over the rest of the world free to roam anywhere in BC makes any sort of difference when it comes to a virus spreading. The article goes on to suggest that residents of BC may very likely see these travel restrictions continue indefinitely:

-----
"The roadblocks are currently set to operate until May 25, when the travel restrictions are scheduled to end. However, many past COVID-19 restrictions have been extended."
-----

I speculate it will be extended, but we will get a little bit of "freedom" in the summer before the restrictions come back just in time for fall GOS.

Apologies...was being a tiny bit facetious.

caddisguy
05-11-2021, 03:15 PM
Apologies...was being a tiny bit facetious.

Hah! That's fine I'm just dense.I should have picked up on it. I'm bad at interpreting these things in the absence of smiley/grin emoticons and such.