PDA

View Full Version : 7-09 Moose draw

islander7mm
09-26-2019, 02:39 PM
Hey guys

Our crew of 3 is heading up to PG for the second week of October to look to fill our bull draws. We have most of the details planned out but I thought I’d throw it out to the HBC crew to see if anyone has any local knowledge of where would be some ideal spots to camp and to start looking for critters.

Im feeling confident about our chances because we have put the work in but any additional help would be very much appreciated.

Feel free to PM to keep spots confidential. I will be posting up the report of our adventures on our return.

Cheers and Happy Hunting
Islander7mm

HappyJack
09-29-2019, 10:44 AM
Camp beside a lake....there are lots of good hunting areas in 7 09 and lots of lake shore camp spots. Perhaps Stoney would be good for starters, usually lots of moose heads laying around out there.

markomoose
09-30-2019, 02:34 PM
Not to sound negative but it can be a tough hunt.I put plenty of time in 7-09 and the moose are there but stay off the road and puts some miles on those boots.I have seen no bulls this season but plenty of sign?

islander7mm
10-01-2019, 11:46 PM
Thanks guys for the reply’s.
We plan on hunting a lot on foot and trying to get into some out of the way spots that look good. We’re looking for a challenge but also willing to take the first legal bull we get a chance at.
Thanks again.

vi-joe
10-02-2019, 06:33 PM
Great camping spot at St. Marie’s lake, try hunting down Thursday Fsr just a few kms from the lake. Saw tons of sign by the ponds there last year, and got our bull close by in a cutblock off of the number 11 FSR.