Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sheep huntinf west of williams lk

Re: sheep huntinf west of williams lk

HMMM With my own eyes..checking each area...that last 20-24 months by legs and when working...

seperate bands of sheep with pretty seperate home domains...

yes I may have missed some..but know most bands after 30 years here

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    HMMM With my own eyes..checking each area...that last 20-24 months by legs and when working...

seperate bands of sheep with pretty seperate home domains...

yes I may have missed some..but know most bands after 30 years here

Steven
    Awesome.

Just so you know I was in no way questioning you, just curious if you had study/population numbers, or if that was your own observation.

I have been watching the #'s closely for the past 3 decades..seeing which bands move ...dissapear...whatever...

I also get the benifit of "chopper time"...

Yes I get suprised sometimes..like a band just :"appeared" in an area devoid of sheep for many many years..I actually have never seen any sheep in that area..it now holds 5 shooter rams.. why??I have guesses but no facts..just that they are californian bighorns and have been there for 2 years now..

The big boys..are still elusive...the group of three is down to 2...been there for considerable time...where guys look..generally but theseguys got big by breaking the rules..

another group of 5 BOOK rams have left the GOS area and are now just 4 rams...but unfortunatly across the lake from being legal...why did they move??? again just guesses...

steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hmmmm not the rams there used to be however there ARE rams open , that ARE legal and it is open general season.. from what I know...just over 20 legal rams..for sure...and the same amount of rams that I havnt put much effort into..because they are iffy...

steven
    Bragging and showing off without putting out............
    There is a name for girls like that
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

hmmmm I in fact did post photos in the past while...unfortunatley most photos are of such poor quality, far away, or show too much realestate.....

Admitadly having lived here for so long..and having such diverse modes of transportation gives me an advantage....

my trophy room is always open for visitors..comes with a free coffee...

when I help folks with grizzlies I like it when they post photos..and no one can come on here and say the info I gave them was bogus or off base...usually right on the money..same goes for sheep only I specifically request it remain quiet....for various reasons of mine..look at the guys that have gotten Booner bears ,cariboo...no bragging thats the facts...I enjoy helping..and seeing guys/gals be successfull...and I only wish I had started asking for photos of all the harvested game..moose,deer, sheep, black bear grizzlies years ago..however the numerous photos of members success in my trophy room brings me lots of satisfaction..

cheers

srr

steven
    Last edited by srupp; 03-23-2011 at 10:14 PM.

^^^^ Region 3 or 5?