Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear Down

Bear Down

The heat kicked my a$$ this weekend in region 3, but I managed to cut my black bear tag.
    Got to the bush around noon and I guess the animals didn't care for the heat either. I was mostly driving, parking 300yrds from various cut blocks, walking in and out, enjoying the A/C between spots. Wasn't too surprised to see no animals, but there was very little sign/scat anywhere.
    7pm we started seeing a few deer moving around. Maybe 7:15pm and I spotted a bear crossing the road between my cut block trips. Passed on a little 2yr old last weekend, but this one looked like a shooter. We stopped and watched where it went in from about 200yrds. Sometimes they run off the road, and wait for you to pass before they come out again, so I approached nice and slow. Sure enough as soon as I got a few yards in to the bush he ran. I tried to play it off like I wasn't pursuing, and kind of angled off instead of walking directly at him; looking around and not making eye contact. The bush was really thick, so when I thought I was in a good spot, I stopped and raised the Tikka.
    Boom. Bullseye.... err... bearseye. 30yrds with a Tikka Superlight .308 165gr TTSX.
    Will probably be a little while until I have time to do up a video, so here's some cell phone pics. Not a giant, but I got a good amount of meat off him.

Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bear Down

Nicely done! Look forward to the video

Nice job......

Nothing wrong with that bear, congrats

Thanks guys.
    Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g

Right on Brother what a shot! Congrats!!!

Nice man! Congrats!!

Great work man! I shot a deer once through the eye as well once... now you have a freezer full of bear to go with all the fish!

Thumbs up Re: Bear Down

Cant wait for the vid
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Bottles the Bear Slayer ! Way to go !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !