Thread: Leupold SX4 Pro Guide spotter?

Leupold SX4 Pro Guide spotter?

Anyone have one of these and have had chance to put it through it's paces. I firmly believe this is the one I want to replace my Diamondback but only been able to lay my hands on the SX2.

I'm wanting the 85mm objective and angled, which is a few 100 bucks lower in cost than the Razor and more so if I can get one stateside once the damn border opens. I just need the thoughts of real people not "paid to talk" ones on the internet!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Leupold SX4 Pro Guide spotter?

Brooktrout bought one of these. I peeked through it when he first got it. It did help him get his first sheep last year by allowing him to count rings. I am sure he will chime in.

Looking at specs, it's dang heavy at 78 ounces! I would not want to backpack it due to weight but bet it would make a good truck/quad/SxS scope plus a fine range scope. I have never looked through this model though I've owned a couple Leupold Goldring 12-40x60 scopes...the newer HD which was a very decent scope and the earlier non-HD, not as good at higher power. Also had a fixed 20x50 which was a fine little scope.

It will be used for sitting and glassing. Once I see something worth the walk it gets put away in the truck!

Bought one before my sheep hunt last year, a 20-60x80, yeah they are heavy, but helped me count rings! I can definitely deal with the weight. Zoom adjustment is super smooth and not stiff, so easy to turn, I like the big focus wheel, quite easy to fine tune your focus. I never found myself chasing that perfect focus. Clarity is not an issue, thought it’s not the leading glass it still performs well. A guy can’t go wrong to pick one up.
    Shoot em' Whack em' Stack em'

I picked mine up from reliable gun, they were the only ones who had the 20-60 in angled I found in Canada
    Shoot em' Whack em' Stack em'

Quote Originally Posted by BrookTrout View Post
    I picked mine up from reliable gun, they were the only ones who had the 20-60 in angled I found in Canada
    Played with that unit at the big box hunting store down the road. I really want the big un!! 1 hour south of here at the same retailer they can be had for $900US even with taxes etc it's still $500 to $600 cheaper than Canadian retail. I almost never cross border to shop for the marginal savings on the items we use in my house but that much coin isn't marginal

I’ve got one too I have zero complaints about it couldn’t tell the difference looking through it or my friends razor hd I bought it at international shooting supplies as that was the only place in Canada I could find it at the time