Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly

Re: Grizzly

Quote Originally Posted by scotty30-06 View Post
    Had a big black bear charge me while fly fishing on the Skagit and I had the defender with buck then slug slug slug...he turned after warning shot....but that's also a b bear not a g bear
    I fired a warning shot at a Black Bear who charged me - HIT him in the forehead and killed him ! Just unlucky I guess - that is the Bear ! lol RJ

Hahahahha I have a lot of practice with it and figure the warning shot was fine.....if it was a GB would have been a different story

I wish I could meet a charging gb.
    So I can find out what 10 rounds of nosler .308 from a semi would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinperama View Post
    You might be in for "big surprise".
    Best to avoid a situation where ever possible...although that isn't always the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    You might be in for "big surprise".
    Best to avoid a situation where ever possible...although that isn't always the case.
    Believe me its no fun when a Grizzly does a full blown attack on you it's happened to me three times over the past 10 years I agree with Bugle M In try the best you can to avoid a bear conflict really scares the shit out of a person when it happens..
    I am alert to no end on my surrounding when I am out in nature all a person can do when he or she is out there hunting is be prepared best you can and always be aware of your surrounding at all times ..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

When a bear winds you from that far away and chooses to begin a full out charge, I really doubt it is a bluff. Bears bluff when surprised...not when they wind you from over 200 or more yards. Easy to judge when you're not there. A mature boar grizzly bearing down on you is a life and death situation. Glad they were around to tell the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinperama View Post
    where do you get a 10 rd mag for a semi auto in Canada? Perhaps a pistol mag for an xcr or something?

I’ve spent years(since 1965) surveying in the remote Yukon wilderness & northern BC & have always carried a magnum revolver. Although encountering many bears both black & grizz luckily never had to use it.
    In the 60’s one of the survey party chiefs killed a grizz with his 44 mag revolver. This was somewhere in the Hudson Hope/Chetwynd area. He was taking a drink from a small creek in the mountains when charged. The bear had no chance.

We’ve been charged by a large grizzly to within about 20 feet of meeting my maker. Once in a live or die situation one’s mental acuity is no doubt amplified. Soiling oneself is an old wife’s tale. There was no way one could use the bear spray in the 4 to 5 seconds. Yelling at the top of our lungs is what saved us. My 375 H&H was about 150 ft away.

Again I’ll stress the point that “Bear spray more effective than guns” is nothing more than liberal anti- gun, anti- hunter propaganda similar to the AGW propaganda they espouse both based on doctored up studies.

Here is a recent(little over a month ago) example where 3 + hunters would have probably been bear scat had they relied on Bear Spray.

A hunter near Gardiner and a group of hunters near West Yellowstone both reported shooting grizzly bears that charged them after bear spray failed to work.

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/environment/hunters-kill-two-grizzlies-in-self-defense/article_79f49580-20a2-5788-aaf0-eef917238a1e.html
    Last edited by mpotzold; 12-26-2015 at 08:45 PM.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

when you drive the arrow in that gizz run right by as it is fixed in that direction with the blood coming out of it nose and mouth it can not smell you give in one behind the leg and then throw your shorts away

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    where do you get a 10 rd mag for a semi auto in Canada? Perhaps a pistol mag for an xcr or something?
    You've got that right. Plus I have 2 of them on MagWedge 😊