Quote Originally Posted by Downwindtracker2 View Post
When someone talks about how great the warranty is, understand that is not a good point. That is a warning. If he needed the warranty, the scope screwed up. It's only annoying at the range, on a hunt, the guy will swear off that brand, Forever. Never put a new scope on a new rifle , you won't know which one is at fault for those lousy groups. I've done that mistake, cost me a minor fortune in reloading components until I switched scopes . That Leupold , after repairs, came back OK. I try to have a spare working scope.

I'm fond of Bushnell, their 4000 series were tanks, and weighted like tanks,too. However, I picked up 1.5x6 used that came off a 375 H&H that I had to send in. But that is almost understandable.

Not always. For example, I went ass over tea kettle down a slope last year and dinged the turret on my Razor LHT.
The scope bounced off rocks for a good tumble and is completely fine, save for the external marks - the turrets track fine and the glass shows no signs of issues. However, I have no doubt in my mind that I could send it to Vortex, and they’d send me a new scope, if something did go wrong.

Shit happens - Binoculars take tumbles and rifles fall. I’d rather have a brand that stands by their product, regardless of cause, than one that tells me to pound sand.