Here’s the review. It has nothing to do with the tent design, just the material they use for this model. Seek outside and other tents also use the same material so it’s not a bad tent review. I’m just wondering about the materiall

EDITED: Despite being a gear nerd and caring as much as I would with my partner or a family member. After 80 nights one the PCT (Maybe used only 60 as the other 20 I cowboy camped) Started to appear many, many pine holes on the fly and loosing it’s waterproofness (picture 1), but mostly on the upper poles structure, where the seams and bindings are. I counted a total of 8, but this weekend during a storm in the GR11 I couldn’t count them as there was water everywhere. (PCT is dry so never noticed the smaller ones). Customer service has been awesome and send me DCF patches (picture 4 & 5) and couldn’t be happier by their time response and professionalism explaining the limits of DCF tents. But I did not really expect a tent of 600$ to have pinholes so early as for me, this was the biggest expense on the PCT, and I didn’t know when I purchased the limitations and lifespan of DCF tents. This will happen to any DCF tents so I repeat again, that this is not Durston fault and/or their design, if not the DCF limitation, but I did not know when I purchased it so hopefully this helps someone. Maybe, if you want a tent for a thru hike that will last the entire time I wouldn’t buy this and would go for the regular XMid. If you go out 5 weekends a year then this is your tent because it is indeed the biggest and lightest of their category! Note that I never fully tension the tent because I knew this would happen as material feels fragile, but still happened to me (and so many on trail, together with many broken zippers. Not to me though the zippers because I never fully tightened it and that is what makes the zippers to struggle and rip off) Pictures 2 & 3 show the separation of the fabric right in the bottom left side on the zippers where the tension is the greatest. Started with a small one, and because I didn’t have the patches Durston sent me yet, it got bigger and bigger until what you see now. Overall is an amazing tent, but I can only give one start because I just didn’t imagine it would last me so little having take care of it the way I did.