Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HBC Big Game Contest 2013=WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Hybrid View

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Re: HBC Big Game Contest 2013

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I'm pleased to offer five 10-packs of Q, the healthy energy drink. Each pack converts a bottle of water into clean, honest energy. A friend and I developed this product a few years ago because nobody else had ever put 'health' and 'energy drink' in the same sentence. Its perfect for hunting... it comes in dry stick-packs that weight almost nothing. Add to water and shake for a healthy dose of vitamins and herbal extracts that will recharge your batteries and keep you going when you really feel like you've hit the wall. No sugar rush, no caffeine jitters, just a good push in the right direction.

You can check out the product and order some free samples at www.Qenergydrink.com.
    Hey Gate
    Here's one I think you missed
    WF
    7-6.5 PRCW the best cartridge since the 280 Ackley 👍

2. Site Sponsor

That's a hellova bear, but your story is lacking...We need more details on how it played out! Exercise those English class creative writing skills!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

ItsGrouseTalk

Awesome bear and great picture........congrats
    Thanks for sharing !
    WF

Only one entry this year so far............going to be a happy youth hunter !

Species: Mule deer
    Date of Kill: Sept 3 -2013
    Region: 3.37
    Weapon used: Browning A-bolt in 7-08
    Category Entered: Youth

Blonde Tornado's third deer. Not bad for 14
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Oct 7th and only 3 entries in the youth category......there has to be more animals down than this ?

Species: moose
    Date of Kill: oct 8 2013
    Region: 5-02a
    Weapon used: browning xbolt 30/06
    Category Entered: firearm
    (Firearm, Bow, Traditional Archery, Youth- note, not all categories may be available, depending on prizes donated)
    Photo:
    Story or link to story:
    Magnums dont kill deer,,,, bullets do (Stick with a rifle. Let cupid shoot the arrows lol.)

Species:Black bear
    Date of Kill: Sept, 17 2013
    Region: 8
    Weapon used: 50 pound Diamond oulaw compound bow
    Photo:

Story or link to story:
    So i had decided to bring out a school friend for a little bear hunt. Our hunt started at about 5 pm when we got up into the stand. After about sitting for 1 hour and a half we had heard some noise from down below in a thick alder patch. So i got set up and waited, a couple minutes later we could see the silhouette of a bear through the alder, that bear worked its way into a shooting lane but it just looked like a sow, with its short face and legs so i waited...Sure enough the cubs had worked there way up the hill 5 mins later and the trio moved on along the slope.

Once they had cleared the area i had decided that i would be good to head it in early to see if we could get one in the orchard. So i crawled down from the stand, not 15 yards away from it i hear a 'holy crap' from my friend, so i turned around fast to see a bear making its way towards me from the orchard, this bear made eye contact and was showing signs of a predatory attack, i let out a couple 'hey bear!' and it would not stop, having my friend in the stand still with the bear spray and me having only my bow in hand i had no other choice than to draw my bow.

I continued straight towards me in until about 15-20 yards before i had let my arrow fly. My arrow flew straight but the bear had ended up jumping the string and it entered in the eye. On impact he buckled to the ground but then just popped back up and started to run down the steep slope into the thickest brush imaginable. We back out knowing it would be best to give him time and also try to get some back up to go in. So I gave a good hunting friend a call and sure enough he was on his way out with some firepower and great head lamps to try and recover my animal.

We hit the last bloodspot and ended up finding the bear about 50-70 yards away, which was surprising since he had lost so much blood during his 'death run'. If it Wasn't for a good hunting friend for setting me up with the landowner i would not have got this bear, and he also was a huge help in the recovery, so thanks Nolan, could not have asked for a better hunting partner!! I would also like to say that this bear is smaller but im still very happy and proud that i could harvest him, and let me tell ya they do look way bigger when the are coming at you!! Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed!
    Last edited by Bc Deer Hunter; 11-17-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Species: Mule Deer
    Date of Kill: September 1st 2013
    Region: 3
    Weapon used: 7mm-08 Remington Model Seven
    (Firearm, Bow, Traditional Archery, Youth- note, not all categories may be available, depending on prizes donated)
    Photo:

Story or link to story: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...season+success

Species: Black Bear
    Date of Kill: October 1st 2013
    Region: 7-3
    Weapon used: Mossberg 4x4 30-06
    Category Entered: Firearm
    Photo: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showp...e=bear&cat=500
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showp...t-bear&cat=500
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showp...lly-21&cat=500
    Story: We drove 800kms from Chilliwack to McBride leaving at "O Dark Early" (4am). We set up base camp and took off in the truck to have a look at the area in preperation for the morning hunt. 15 min into the drive we spotted a black bear down an embankment. I jumped out of the truck and took a shot broadside into his right shoulder. The bear walked about ten feet, laid down and died quickly. After a quick happy dance, I proceeded down the 100 foot hill and realized the bear was on a small island of sorts in the middle of a large swamp. It looked shallow so we attepmted to cross. It turns out what we thought was grass was in fact floating moss that sunk instantly leaving us "tits deep" in a pile of misery. It was almost dark, we were in Grizzly country and decided it best if we try again in the morning. The next day we found an old beat up canoe. We lowered it down the hill to the swamp and got across. After loading the bear and ourselves in to the canoe, a third guy tied a rope from the canoe, up the hill around a truck hitch to a quad and pulled us over the swamp. We hopped out and left Yogi in the boat and used our makeshift pulley system to get him up the hill.

This was my first bear and my first successful hunt in BC after moving from Nova Scotia three years ago. The hunts that are the hardest work are the most memorable and rewarding. If I could do it again, I wouldn't change a thing.
    Last edited by west-coast-bluenoser; 10-12-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Thumbs up Re: HBC Big Game Contest 2013

Species: Moose

Date of Kills: October 2 & 3

Region: 5

Weapons used: 7mm-08 (First Bull) and 300 Weatherby (Second)

Category Entered: Firearm & Most Strenuous Extractions

Photos:

Story or link to story: Limits Of Endurance Moose Hunt - Including backpack extractions from > 1,000 and 2,500 YARDS

Story and more pictures: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...Ladz-Go-Moosin

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me