Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is it impossible to post photos?

Why is it impossible to post photos?

thumbnail_IMG_3396.jpg: Exceeds your quota by 51.5 KB. <a href="misc.php?do=attachments" target="_blank">Click here to view your attachments</a>

WHat does that even mean?

Every once in a while I decide to post a pic. Then I quickly remember why I never post any pix.

I don't use photo bucket.

Seriously, I don't understand why it's so difficult.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Why is it impossible to post photos?

Its been a thing on here a long time. I put all my shared photos are in HBC photos, I edit everything to 500kb and still get a error message. Even down to 200kb stll won't let you, the only way I can post them is by using a desktop computer with Foxfire I have to open two tabs with HBC up, copy from one paste to the other.
    Last edited by MRP; 05-05-2024 at 09:40 AM.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Upload your photos to an Imgur account, you can upload using their mobile app or via desktop

go to Imgur and copy the BB code for the pic, theres a blue button that says copy

paste it into HBC reply box

[img ]https://i.imgur.com/cWaWEeP.jpg?1[/ img]

It will look something like that ^

but display like this when you post it

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

HBC also has a photo hosting gallery

Upload a pic, then click on the pic in your personal gallery and right click on the mouse and select COPY IMAGE LINK

Then go to your post on HBC you're making and type [img] ,then paste the link , and finish it with [/img] No spaces between the [img]xxxxxx[/img]

It will display like this :

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I’ve been using this website (https://postimages.org/) to post images on here. Works great, no need for an app, and is easy to use.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Thanks guys! I'll check some of these out.

I see MRP found what I was trying to post. I got 1 pix into the gallery and then it won't let me upload anything else.

I wanted to ask what everyone thought these tracks were. BUt, just too much effort.

I use https://imgur.com/ to post the pics. Once they are posted there, I right-click on the image and click "Copy Image Location". Then on here, I click on the little "Picture icon" while I am making a post, then I click "From URL" and uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and paste in the URL and click "OK".

That's the best way I can summarize it. I think there are some sticky posts about posting pictures. I also think someone even made a video tutorial at some point. Maybe I'll do a write-up or video tutorial one of these days with the steps.

Once you know the process it's smooth sailing.

Imgur works for me . If a non tech savvy guy like me can do it anyone can !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Some don't like Imgur due to the community and the sharing and public viewing
    Easy to go into settings and change all the privacy settings so its completely private
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC