Headed out to field this morning around 8:00 I only setup 13 duck decoys and 2 robo ducks. There was thin layer of ice and pond was very small. Oh well, nothing I can do about lack of water. My intention this morning is to shoot all greenheads. I had 2 single hen mallards came back to take a look of spread but I hold off shooting them. I kind regarded because nothing happen for about 20 minutes or so. Then out corner of my eyes I caught fly by green head buzzing by the decoys. I got him on first shot. Then another one came back and got him 1 shot too. The greenhead were more wary than the hen mallards as usual. The shot was up to 35-42 yards about same distance as my decoys.By end hunted before noon I let 9 hen mallards lived, 2 hen pintail and 2 pair widgeon get to lived another day. I ended getting 8 greenhead.

I am using my late dad 20 year Benelli Black Eagle 12 ga. I love using Kents Fast Steel no# 2 1560 fps 3" shell.

I can't figured out how to make photo larger. I did before but this time it didn't work. If somebody help me post it larger I be grateful. I might take you out for duck hunt before Christmas. I got lots duck hunting buddies going on holidays and I got room in my roof cover duck blind with propane heater. Getting soft for my old age.