Quote Originally Posted by FishandSticks View Post
Looks nice Marc. Love the dog area.

I was looking at kayaks myself, to keep the weight down, as I have a few ache and pains myself.
For sure I try not to have to drag the boat for any amount of distance. I have degenerative disk disease in my neck, upper back, and lower back and my back lets me know when I've been playing to hard. Usually its a day or two after the fact.

The momarsh isn't a kayak and doesn't act like one incase someone was thinking about getting one for that purpose. The boat itself is 90 lbs, it steers like shit with a kayak paddle and almost impossible to chase a bird down without a motor.

Where does it shine? It's super low profile, you can blend in pretty easy anywhere, it will float in about 4 inches of water. There is ample room to lay out and the dog is situated behind you so it is safe from the shotgun blast or from accidentally getting shot. Once you are laid out it's pretty comfortable, I've had many a nap in it to wake up with birds in the decoys. I've transported 4 dozen duck decoys with a half dozen goose floaters as well as all my gear and my dog kilometers away from the boat launch. It leans more on the boat side then a kayak but for what I want it to do it works perfect.