Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Sheep

Re: Sheep

[QUOTE=stoneramhunter;2445095]llamas have been used backpacking and i know that they are using them in alberta elk hunting. llamas have been banned in alaska can’t use them for sheep hunting.
    [/QUOTE

i think around 2016 the province of bc was considering banning the use of llamas in backcountry not sure if it happened or not
    Last edited by stoneramhunter; 05-06-2024 at 10:14 AM.

looks like your correct tuchodi they have banned llamas from hunting in 2016.

Very nice sheep hills. august hunt

https://youtu.be/N3Dt-eIDoDA

Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
    Very nice sheep hills. august hunt

https://youtu.be/N3Dt-eIDoDA
    Man that’s nice country! (And ram!)

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    Man that’s nice country! (And ram!)
    Yes impressive area very nice sheep country.

Exercising to get into sheep shape 4.5 miles with 40 pound pack this morning and just finished 20 min on tread mill. I'll stay at this pack weight for the rest of the month then add another 10 pounds. This week end thinking of heading to Princeton area do a little exploring.

Do any of you do squats to keep yourself in 'sheep hunting' shape? Even though I don't hunt sheep as of yet, to keep myself in mountain shape, I do lots of squats and other exercises with lesser weight, but tonnes of reps... works for me anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Do any of you do squats to keep yourself in 'sheep hunting' shape? Even though I don't hunt sheep as of yet, to keep myself in mountain shape, I do lots of squats and other exercises with lesser weight, but tonnes of reps... works for me anyway..
    Pull ups, str8 bar dips, diamond push ups, hanging leg raises 80°, inverted rows. Monday

Squats, hip thrust, bulgarian split squats, dragon flags, commando burpees. Tuesday

First exercises repeat but chin ups instead of pull ups. Wed

Lunges, romanian deadlift, step ups (balance concentrated), commando burpees, dragon flags. Thurs

Repeat exercises from top of list. Fri

^^ this is my week then bush/mountain hiking all weekend

The two leg days will go sets of 15-20 light one week, then 8-10 medium next week, then sets of 3 heavy.

Not a sheep hunter but will be next year but stay in good shape with this, warm ups consist of certain pre joint prep (scap pulls/shoulder stuff) and running or jumping jacks/skip rope.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I havent done squats myself so cant say if it helps or not but for me i find if you pack up in the hills everyday it builds up the stamina. You dont necessarily have to be strong just need to be able to go. i hunted once with a gym workout guy who was all muscle, he was good for a a while and them started wilting especially if your burning more calories than your are taking in everyday. Going up and down the hills sheep hunting you burn way more calories that you can eat. I know guys like to ride bikes, hike with packs. treadmill , stationary bikes and stair climbers for training. Climbing stairs is good

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    Pull ups, str8 bar dips, diamond push ups, hanging leg raises 80°, inverted rows. Monday

Squats, hip thrust, bulgarian split squats, dragon flags, commando burpees. Tuesday

First exercises repeat but chin ups instead of pull ups. Wed

Lunges, romanian deadlift, step ups (balance concentrated), commando burpees, dragon flags. Thurs

Repeat exercises from top of list. Fri

^^ this is my week then bush/mountain hiking all weekend

The two leg days will go sets of 15-20 light one week, then 8-10 medium next week, then sets of 3 heavy.

Not a sheep hunter but will be next year but stay in good shape with this, warm ups consist of certain pre joint prep (scap pulls/shoulder stuff) and running or jumping jacks/skip rope.
    Holy crab Observer i doent even know most of the names of those exercises lol. but im sure they are good