Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifetime BCWF Members

Hybrid View

Re: Lifetime BCWF Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Really, what are we talking about? $20 a year? $30?

If someone has a concern like this it's not a BCWF concern, it's a club concern. The BCWF isn't forcing you to join a club or telling your club how to collect it's fees. Your club sets up the fee schedule, and it's your choice to agree to the fees and be a member, or disagree with the fees and decline to be a member.
    Ah, ya, really, and BCWF is in fact forcing folks to join them! Doesn't matter what the dollar value is, it's not right, that's the point of it. I should be able to choose whether or not I wish to join the BCWF and yes, it is their problem and not the local Clubs. I spoke to one of our local Club directors about this and he agree's that the double dipping is not right but it is what it is. I'm sure there are many outdoors folks that would love to join a local Club but do not wish to be members of the BCWF, and its their right to choose over one or the other, not BCWF's. As mentioned earlier with regards to this post if I wanted to belong to more than one Club, then I'd really be getting hosed! Our Club only has a short rifle range and I'd also like to go to one of the other Club's ranges that has further distance, but can't unless your a member of that Club. The extra money I'm paying BCWF for one membership would more than cover the expense of another membership if this rule they have wasn't in place. How would you like to put out $1000 for a life membership and then keep getting charged again every year! 20 years I've put out another grand!! Really!....Sherm

2. Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator View Post
    Ah, ya, really, and BCWF is in fact forcing folks to join them! Doesn't matter what the dollar value is, it's not right, that's the point of it. I should be able to choose whether or not I wish to join the BCWF and yes, it is their problem and not the local Clubs. I spoke to one of our local Club directors about this and he agree's that the double dipping is not right but it is what it is. I'm sure there are many outdoors folks that would love to join a local Club but do not wish to be members of the BCWF, and its their right to choose over one or the other, not BCWF's. As mentioned earlier with regards to this post if I wanted to belong to more than one Club, then I'd really be getting hosed! Our Club only has a short rifle range and I'd also like to go to one of the other Club's ranges that has further distance, but can't unless your a member of that Club. The extra money I'm paying BCWF for one membership would more than cover the expense of another membership if this rule they have wasn't in place. How would you like to put out $1000 for a life membership and then keep getting charged again every year! 20 years I've put out another grand!! Really!....Sherm
    It was your choice to become a lifetime member, sounds like it was the wrong decision for you.

Not every club is a BCWF affiliate, maybe joining one of those clubs is a good option for you.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Really, what are we talking about? $20 a year? $30?

If someone has a concern like this it's not a BCWF concern, it's a club concern. The BCWF isn't forcing you to join a club or telling your club how to collect it's fees. Your club sets up the fee schedule, and it's your choice to agree to the fees and be a member, or disagree with the fees and decline to be a member.
    This is direct from the fed, not the clubs.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Seems like a really weird way of handling life members....

I'm a life member of many orgs, all of which I donate a lot money each year with. That being said I certainly wouldnt think that annual membership fees should be charged for a life member lol.

There is a rep in each section of the Province that attend meetings and voice Members concerns, I honestly can't be bothered to waste my time doing that. If a concern is voiced in any manner it should be dealt with. As far as how much money are we talking about, any amount is wrong. At our Club we have to pay the full pull into BCWF to join the local Club, thats what was explained to me when I signed up. So now I have a Lifetime membership card and every year I get mailed a separate card as a Regular member. I'm quite sure there is some legality involved concerning double dipping, another avenue I'll have to look into. My post was to ascertain if in fact other Lifetime members have voiced the same concern to BCWF or if I was the only whiner! LOL

Why don't you contact bcwf.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by nature girl View Post
    Why don't you contact bcwf.
    Sounds like he has.....

Getting an annual membership card while being a life member is embarrassing as hell for an organization IMO

Well, after a couple great days of shooting at the range and reloading for the boom stick, I figured it was time to do a little "shooting" here and reload this post! And you all thought I'd just gone away! LOL So, as a new year approaches and so does renewal for my local Fish and Game Club, I'm again reminded how the BCWF is ripping off Lifetime Members with the double dipping of membership dues. It has been 3 years now since my first email went into BCWF with said complaint, and a total of 2 emails were responded to, directing me somewhere else that I never got a response to. So, thats 8 emails with 6 nothing responses. Now lets throw in the 3 hard copy letters that I have sent directly to the sitting president at the time of the letter, not so much as a whisper in my ear, a tickle under the arm or a kiss my butt, from any of them! So my question is, what the hell is going on in the BCWF office that they don't even have the curtosey of a reply, really?? 3 fricking years and nothing, wow. I guess when I asked for a full refund of my lifetime membership dues they were stumped, or something. I know that there are Directors or other officials from the BCWF that cruise this website, won't mention names. But not once has any of them waded into this discussion, just like the rest of the organization. Give me my money back and I'll just get the yearly membership until such time as I won't require the services of the local gun club. And for all you that feel I should just suck it up and its only $35 a year, I would like all of YOU to send me a certified Bank Draft for that amount every January 1st. What do you get for it, absolutely nothing, but its not a big deal, right?? It takes more than a couple rounds to put this old bear down...Sherm

Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator View Post
    Well...as a new year approaches ....I'm again reminded how the BCWF is ripping off Lifetime Members with the double dipping of membership dues.

So my question is, what the hell is going on in the BCWF office that they don't even have the curtosey of a reply, really??

I know that there are Directors or other officials from the BCWF that cruise this website, won't mention names. But not once has any of them waded into this discussion, just like the rest of the organization.

Give me my money back and I'll just get the yearly membership until such time as I won't require the services of the local gun club.

Shermanator:

I'm one of the directors who cruises this website, as you say. You can mention my name anytime you like. It's not a secret and its the one I use everywhere. You can direct message me, email me at rob@robchipman.net, or call me at 604-230-4225. I understand that you've sent emails and letters to the office and to sitting presidents, but next time (if you want a timely response from me) send me an email or call me.

You have posed some legitimate questions and the lack of an answer is frustrating. I will bring it up at the next Board meeting, which happens to be this Friday-Sunday.

Send me your actual name and contact info. I will get you an answer.

Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    Shermanator:

I'm one of the directors who cruises this website, as you say. You can mention my name anytime you like. It's not a secret and its the one I use everywhere. You can direct message me, email me at rob@robchipman.net, or call me at 604-230-4225. I understand that you've sent emails and letters to the office and to sitting presidents, but next time (if you want a timely response from me) send me an email or call me.

You have posed some legitimate questions and the lack of an answer is frustrating. I will bring it up at the next Board meeting, which happens to be this Friday-Sunday.

Send me your actual name and contact info. I will get you an answer.

Probably the main reason I have never contacted you or made a request for you look into this, is simple. I posted this a year and a half ago and it has been fairly active. There never was any response from you whatsoever, so my assumption was also simple, a lack of interest. Had I known you were a shortcut to the "Hierarchy "of the BCWF, I would have utilized that avenue and it maybe would have saved allot of time and effort on my part. I will forward you my information, which is on record at BCWF, and hope you can come up with a solution to this ongoing issue, thank you..Sherm
    Last edited by Shermanator; 11-17-2021 at 09:24 PM.