PDA

View Full Version : these guys are a discrace...

winbuckhunter
11-30-2008, 10:13 PM
just thought id share what i found on youtube just now... i'm still shaking my head.. what a bunch of idiots!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSYEzK-YoX4&feature=channel

winbuckhunter
11-30-2008, 10:14 PM
they should all have their licenses taken for this!!!!! well maybe not the kid he was pretty much telling them not to shoot!!!

Steeleco
11-30-2008, 10:18 PM
They don't appear to be BC hunters, but they are twits no matter where they call home.

Jehiah
11-30-2008, 10:44 PM
So did they have a muley tag or a white tail tag?
Poor kid is never going to hunt again!
"do you want to shoot it?"
"no, not particularly..."

And then how about the kid whispering for the deer to run away...mind you, an animal deserves to be understood before it is shot.

scallywag
11-30-2008, 10:46 PM
what the hell was that ... idiots

Brambles
11-30-2008, 10:54 PM
wow I can't believe someone would put that on Youtube. those guys are complete idiots.

todbartell
11-30-2008, 11:01 PM
mulie? whitetail? what the **** would happen if they spotted a hybrid! :mrgreen:

big buck
12-01-2008, 01:33 AM
I watched part 3 they were heading home, they said they live in White Rock B.C. What a great teacher for his son to look up to unreal!!

doubled
12-01-2008, 06:44 AM
Wait it is a muley, no hold on, it is a whitey, no wait, it is a blacktail, no it is a buck, WTF!!!!

hunter1947
12-01-2008, 06:56 AM
This video should have never been allowed to be published.
This young fellow is not going to know what is the right thing to see or the right thing to do.

Ambush
12-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Watch Part 1. It sounds like the boy shot a mulie by mistake. I believe only white tails are open for non-Saskatchewan residents. If so, they should be reported.

This is why non-residents are getting a real bad name in Saskatchewan.

denali
12-01-2008, 09:50 AM
...it's your call guys... the info that I've been able to gather from from the kid's (Richard Goddard) personal site (using the 'whois' database) and the phone book definitely leads to this address:

Y & R Goddard (http://www.mytelus.canada411.ca/res/6045422893/Y-R-Goddard/54281933/Map.html)
(604)542-2893
15260 Victoria Ave
White Rock , BC V4B1G6

I just have to say that I feel sorry for this poor kid..

smoke-eater
12-01-2008, 10:11 AM
This info and video need to be turned in to the COs, Yet anouther example of red necks giving hunters a bad name...

12-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Where ever this is, who ever this is, should be tracked down and nailed to the cross. It's Pathetic !!

Just another tool for the Anti's to use.

I hope who ever it is gets the book thrown at them!

CT

J_T
12-01-2008, 10:25 AM
It's unfortunate what we see in video was the young lads experience. I'm sure Dad/Grandpa/Uncle, would not be happy knowing he put this on the net.

Education......

rocksteady
12-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Incredibly bad....

I don't believe this kid will ever become a hunter, just from his commentary on the video as well as the bashing he was taking on you tube...

It is crap like this that could turn the kid into an anti-hunter....Can't say I would blame the kid after what he and all of us witnessed.....

Anyone know any CO's in Sask that should review these 3 videos and investigate prior to them being pulled from the net?????? If you would RAPP on these guys in BC, they should also be reported for their antics abroad......

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING

Red Foreman
12-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Looks like these clowns need to review the core manual and learn to ID deer.

Ambush
12-01-2008, 03:28 PM
I have phoned this in to the Saskatoon office. They will view the three videos and go from there.
Remember, if these fellows are hunting in your area, they could well be responsible for some of the rotting animals being reported.
They better only be hunting where every spieces is open 'cause they sure can't tell them apart.

moosinaround
12-01-2008, 04:22 PM
I have phoned this in to the Saskatoon office. They will view the three videos and go from there.
Remember, if these fellows are hunting in your area, they could well be responsible for some of the rotting animals being reported.
They better only be hunting where every spieces is open 'cause they sure can't tell them apart.
Would this be CSIHBC, or ColdcaseHBC?.Anyways I thought you were in the medical program, not criminology?

12-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Be great to see these guys nailed !

Absolute disgrace to hunters period!

CT

Ddog
12-01-2008, 05:01 PM
in part 1 the boy said almost shot a mulie by mistake and gramps said oh that was my fault not yours.
question here is how are we going to know what happens to these fools?

rocksteady
12-01-2008, 05:26 PM
in part 1 the boy said almost shot a mulie by mistake and gramps said oh that was my fault not yours.
question here is how are we going to know what happens to these fools?

Hopefully in copies of the Saskatchewan version of BCWF Out door Edge, Wall of shame...

mud-dog27
12-01-2008, 06:52 PM
one of the major rules i was always taught was be sure of what your shooting....obviously these idiots need to review the core program

i think its a white tail....no wait.....its a mulie.....wait a minute maybe its a blacktail.....hell im surprised they could tell it was a deer....and then the last shot in the clip....what is it whitey...mulie...BANG!

scallywag
12-01-2008, 07:05 PM
are any HBC members COs??

Will
12-01-2008, 07:09 PM
are any HBC members COs??
I'm sure by now someone's having a good hard look at this video....:wink:

Dam that's almost embarrassing..........poor Kid :neutral:

smoothbor
12-01-2008, 07:25 PM
this is terrible to see, the anti's just love this stuff, even the adults coulnt identify species and then were arguing about it with a kid, just aweful, should be shot with a ball of their own s@$t

skeletor
12-01-2008, 07:42 PM
wow
thats unbelievable

ThinAir
12-01-2008, 08:31 PM
What a freaking gong show.

stanway
12-01-2008, 08:43 PM
It is sad and disturbing on so many levels. I only hope that Karma catches up to them soon.

budismyhorse
12-01-2008, 08:49 PM
that is some sick stuff! gotta love the honesty of kids. These guys will be busted, this should be a slam dunk for CO's in Sask. Names, video......repeated video'd mistakes. In part 3, the old man blasts away at a muley doe on the run? I mean WTF?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFstOq7dMg4&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_759459

watch the response!

born2hunt
12-01-2008, 09:09 PM
and there actually allowed to carry a firearm ? wow how pitifull they should all be turned in to the c/o's with the exception of the kid atleast he show some ethics

depopulator
12-01-2008, 09:15 PM
...it's your call guys... the info that I've been able to gather from from the kid's (Richard Goddard) personal site (using the 'whois' database) and the phone book definitely leads to this address:

Y & R Goddard (http://www.mytelus.canada411.ca/res/6045422893/Y-R-Goddard/54281933/Map.html)
(604)542-2893
15260 Victoria Ave
White Rock , BC V4B1G6

I just have to say that I feel sorry for this poor kid..

Someone should call this guy and ask him if he's the one that's gonna get pinned...

12-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Check out the latest posted by the kid on you tube titled " were not poachers "

What else do you call it then ?

Brutal, these guys need their heads read !!

CT

Johnnybear
12-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Totally un&*cking believable!!!! I just can't fathom this. I'm emailing the Sask. Government too. Has anyone called the kid's phone number posted?

Johnnybear
12-01-2008, 10:50 PM
I just email the TIP http://www.sasktip.com/contact.html department of the Sask Environment. I am still disturbed by the kid's not a poacher video. The brain washing has to stop. These "adults" need to be stopped and the kid needs to be informed about the decisions made by these "adults".

Caveman
12-01-2008, 11:17 PM
It's a shame that the kid may never experience deer hunting the right way, as long as the two nimrods are teaching him. But at least he seemed to know the difference between the different deer. Piss poor role models, that's for sure.

moosinaround
12-01-2008, 11:33 PM
So, this "child" posts a video of his uncles? hunting deer in Sask. The "adults" are taking advice from a well seasoned/experienced 13 yr old? on species ID? Don't crucify the "child" cause he is just a bored uneducated in the ways of hunting kid, Go after the uncles!! This "child" is defending himself from comments made by "adults" on an internet site? Whats wrong with the people going after this kid? If you can prosecute his rather uneducated uncles, without harming this "child", then do so. But leave the kid out of it. He is guilty of just being a 13yr old child, not a criminal! Shame on some of the people trying to teach this kid a lesson. Get to the root of the issue, his uncles, let THEM defend their actions, not the 13 yr old kid!! Moosin

Johnnybear
12-02-2008, 12:06 AM
For all of those that don't already know this his is a link to our provincal hotline http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/rapp/form.htm.

I don't think this can be posted enough. If anyone has seen any illegal activity or questionable conduct please call the R.A.P.P. line.

Johnnybear
12-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Here is a link to the Sask Governments site for licences allowed in that province. http://www.environment.gov.sk.ca/Default.aspx?DN=307,192,104,81,1,Documents

Alot of these threads are fired by misinformation. So study it boys and gals.

I still think those videos are a disgrace to hunters.

Wildfoot
12-02-2008, 12:48 AM
someone should save a copy of the vids incase the kid takes them down...
or at least contact youtube?

Johnnybear
12-02-2008, 12:53 AM
someone should save a copy of the vids incase the kid takes them down...
or at least contact youtube?

Good point.

Has anyone called the number posted???

Gateholio
12-02-2008, 01:05 AM
So what is on the video?

Mr. Dean
12-02-2008, 01:19 AM
So what is on the video?

Looks like a guy that shot a WT by mistake but was 'OK' because his buddy was allowed to.

+ several other instances of bad deer ID.

Only the one kill.

hunter1947
12-02-2008, 05:51 AM
If you really look at this deer it does look like a hybrid deer ,I can see a new hunter making this mistake shooting this animal thinking it was the other species..

H Wally
12-02-2008, 07:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSAQM3G4Exs&feature=related

First 15 seconds: "But you can't shoot - it's a mulie"

BANG! Goddammit! I was trying to shoot it in the F*ing head!

FLHTCUI
12-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Good point.

Has anyone called the number posted???
So, your suggesting people phone this 13 yr old kid and start harassing him?
I would think that is a criminal offence as well.
Then again what do I know.
I left my .02 comment after veiwing the vids.
I'm more interested in what the Sask. CO's have to say about this.
Cheers
Rob

smoke-eater
12-02-2008, 10:24 AM
If you really look at this deer it does look like a hybrid deer ,I can see a new hunter making this mistake shooting this animal thinking it was the other species..

Just for my own info, what makes it look like a "hybrid" deer? Ive never seen one so please tell me so i dont make the same mistakes...... :confused:

Deerhunter85
12-02-2008, 06:07 PM
How in the world did those guys ever get their hunting licenses? Whoever they are they should have them taken from them. That was definitely a mule deer doe they shot, not a whitey. Thoses guys make me angry! Whoever see's this on youtube is going to think that the rest of us are just like them.

Johnnybear
12-02-2008, 06:18 PM
So, your suggesting people phone this 13 yr old kid and start harassing him?
I would think that is a criminal offence as well.
Then again what do I know.
I left my .02 comment after veiwing the vids.
I'm more interested in what the Sask. CO's have to say about this.
Cheers
Rob

I wasn't suggesting anyone call him up to harrass him (assumptions again). I was just asking a question. I thought about the liability thing as well and I'm glad you posted your comments.

I have not received an email back from the Sask TIPP folks yet.

The Dawg
12-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Here's the kid's response....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFstOq7dMg4&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_580882

J_T
12-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Not really all that different than this video.

4 hunters, 3 shooters. I'm not at all sure how many tags, but Goat are LEH. They name the guy whose tag it is, but they identify another shooter as the bullet that took it down.

Hiking out, only one guy with a pack frame, and it doesn't look too heavy.

Just asking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGUtiI14hr4

kootenayelkslayer
12-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Yaa that was a sad display of identification. But the deer that they shot was a mule deer, so isn't it legit? Or am I missing something here...

Red Foreman
12-02-2008, 10:57 PM
I thought only residents can shoot mulies in Sask.These guys are from B.C.

Ambush
12-02-2008, 11:31 PM
[quote=Red Foreman;370673] I thought only residents can shoot mulies in Sask.These guys are from B.C.

I beleive that is correct. Plus a non resident can only shoot one whitetail. At least one person, over the course of the three videos, shot a [hybred] doe and a whitetail buck. That man is poaching.
I believe what has happend here is as follows. The people from BC must have been hunting on the private land of a freind/relative. A resident may shoot, in some areas, two mule does, turn the heads in for CWD testing and by doing so earn a mule buck tag. I think these people were also shooting a resident's mule doe tags. Still poaching.

I feel sorry for the boy. It's obvious his heart was not into it. He tried to stop the adults from poaching. He has been lumped together with the two brainless idiots by many and that may well ruin him as far as ever being a hunter.

I really wish people would think a little more before they go on a rant and jump on the "dogpile".

I don't even mind so much that they would shoot some one else's tags, but the disrespect that they showed for the animals and hunting just made me mad.
That's why I phoned the Saskatoon CO's. And I hope they can be charged. They likely do the same thing here in BC.

But I really think that many people owe the boy an apology.

blacktailslayer
12-02-2008, 11:32 PM
1. Mulies are only open to Sask residents.
2. They have no clue on species identification.
3. They state in the video they are going home to Whiterock.
4. Who the hell in B.C. passed these idiots on their CORE exam!!!!????

longwalk
12-03-2008, 07:26 AM
When I watched the video,I got the distinct impression that they left that doe where it lay. I am pretty sure they had no idea on how to clean it, as they seemed to only have a saw maybe with which they were intending to cut off antlers with.

fozzy
12-03-2008, 04:31 PM
1. Mulies are only open to Sask residents.
2. They have no clue on species identification.
3. They state in the video they are going home to Whiterock.
4. Who the hell in B.C. passed these idiots on their CORE exam!!!!????

You are partially correct. A Canadian resident can purchase a Chronic Wasting Disease tag for antlerless Mule deer for certain zones, available through the environment offices. I have one un cancelled in my pack from last week.
Point #2 I agree with 200% :)

PGK
12-03-2008, 05:23 PM
So. Do we assume they had CWD antlerless mulie tags and whitey tags each? I think the black guy was tagged out (???). . . the deer he shot in part 2 looked like a mulie to me but the vid was sketchy at best ??? The white guy had a mulie tag left because they tagged the deer the black guy shot as a whitetail?
What a gongshow. No wonder you need orange over there. Between these guys and chevy (remember that!?), I wouldn't cross the border without a flak jacket on.
Hope something comes of it. Clearly the kid has no idea what the hell was going on. I don't really feel sorry for him though, look at the way he talks in his last video.
What a gongshow

fozzy
12-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Definately a gong show in that group. Hunting out there in general is still a ton less crowded than most days in the Kettle valley where a guy is safer hiding in camo from the road hunters. :)
I too felt after watching the one video that they left the Doe laying there.

mcrae
12-03-2008, 06:41 PM
I found those video's hard to watch. What really pisses me off is a non-hunter watches that crap and just "assumes" that's hunting...

Brambles
12-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Watch Part 1. It sounds like the boy shot a mulie by mistake. I believe only white tails are open for non-Saskatchewan residents. If so, they should be reported.

This is why non-residents are getting a real bad name in Saskatchewan.

FYI Mule deer does are open to Canadian residents in CWD zones

Johnnybear
12-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Here is the reply I got from the Sask Gov.

Hello John. My name is Daryl Minter and I am a Conservation Officer for Saskatchewan Environment. You are the second person to forward this information to me. I have done some preliminary investigation into what I observed on the video and I will be forwarding this information on to the officer in the area where the poaching occurred. I appreciate your concern and I look forward to your co-operation in this investigation.

Yours in conservation.

Daryl Minter
Conservation Officer
Box 3003
Prince Albert, SK
S6V 6G1
Daryl.Minter@gov.sk.ca (Daryl.Minter@gov.sk.ca)
(306) 953-2322 office

hunter1947
12-04-2008, 05:04 AM
Just for my own info, what makes it look like a "hybrid" deer? Ive never seen one so please tell me so i dont make the same mistakes...... :confused:

Its belly is a real light white and the face does look like a WT deer ,The tail does have a BT deer tail.

The ears are not very big on what I seen in this movie ,the color of the hide on this deer has the same looking hide as a WT deer ,this is what makes it look like a WT in a way.

The tail is for sure a BT tail ,you can't miss not noticing that part of this deer for identity.
You can see some resemblance when they got up to the deer to look at it ,I can see some parts of this deer that do look like a WT in some areas of this deer.

rocksteady
12-04-2008, 05:12 AM
I see all of the kids videos have been pulled.... all 3 parts of the hunt and his commentary about not being poachers.....

Game wardens have seen the videos AND no longer available on the Net for bad publicity(2 good things)......Wonder if the kid is nervous every time the phone rings???? Not that he did anything wrong, was kinda stupid to post on youtube, but he is 13, and probably did not think that through....

Hope the adults get charged and junior gets an appropriate hunting mentor in the future

hunter1947
12-04-2008, 05:15 AM
I see all of the kids videos have been pulled.... all 3 parts of the hunt and his commentary about not being poachers.....

Game wardens have seen the videos AND no longer available on the Net for bad publicity(2 good things)......Wonder if the kid is nervous every time the phone rings???? Not that he did anything wrong, was kinda stupid to post on youtube, but he is 13, and probably did not think that through....

Hope the adults get charged and junior gets an appropriate hunting mentor in the future

You are right Mike I just tryed to look at this clip once again and it was not there ???.

rocksteady
12-04-2008, 05:33 AM
The kid was being kind of cocky in his last video...Some people posted comments saying tha the had been reported and to expect a phone call....

The kid replied "how would they know our phone number".......The reply was "you said your name and you live in White Rock, then something about not hard to look in the phone book".....

Betcha the kids butt puckered when he read that....:eek::eek:

Hopefully this does not prevent (tarnish) the kid from becoming an ethical hunter.....

He did not seem to be too impressed with them shooting does (he talks about shooting a mother and the other is a daughter), but bucks may not be an issue with the kid......Or when the guy was going to blast the jackrabbit....

Brizz
12-04-2008, 09:27 AM
It's sad that at the end of the video (part 3) the kid says he will never again hunt...

fozzy
12-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Here is the reply I got from the Sask Gov.

Hello John. My name is Daryl Minter and I am a Conservation Officer for Saskatchewan Environment. You are the second person to forward this information to me. I have done some preliminary investigation into what I observed on the video and I will be forwarding this information on to the officer in the area where the poaching occurred. I appreciate your concern and I look forward to your co-operation in this investigation.

Yours in conservation.

Daryl Minter
Conservation Officer
Box 3003
Prince Albert, SK
S6V 6G1
Daryl.Minter@gov.sk.ca (Daryl.Minter@gov.sk.ca)
(306) 953-2322 office

That's awesome Johnnybear. :) Can you update us if you hear anything?

guntech
12-04-2008, 09:49 AM
A bit off topic but concerning "hybrid" deer... in case someone does not think that occurs... it does. And there have been cases of female deer having antlers as well. What a shock when you go to gut that animal! Nature does some weird things...

RiverOtter
12-04-2008, 10:28 AM
The look on that kids face, when he realized that he had given out too much info via the net, would make a priceless YouTube video.....

Betcha his dad/grampa are not very impressed with him right now.
They deserve everything they got coming!!

RO

abbyfireguy
12-04-2008, 10:58 AM
All videos appear to be gone..I hope copies were made by someone...Guess they realised the heat was on and they covered their tracks...Hopefully they were too late....Didn't see the video,but questionable practises that are videoed and put on You Tube by the alleged perpetrators doesn't say too much for their foresight or thought of what others will think and do when hard evidence is out there...
Be interesting to see what if anything the CO's can do or have the determination to do..We shall see...
If anyone made copies post them back up for the lynch mob as its getting close to boring season now with no hunting and no steelhead yet!!LOL:biggrin:

BiG Boar
12-04-2008, 11:46 AM
I am not sure if video evidence alone can be used to prosecute here in canada. They have to have more proof. Example: I tape myself doing stunts on the streets on my motorcycle. Cant be used against me later. Have to have an eye witness, or other proof. Will be a hard case to get these boys. But worth a good scare anyways.

Red Foreman
12-04-2008, 12:27 PM
I am not sure if video evidence alone can be used to prosecute here in canada. They have to have more proof. Example: I tape myself doing stunts on the streets on my motorcycle. Cant be used against me later. Have to have an eye witness, or other proof. Will be a hard case to get these boys. But worth a good scare anyways.

What about a tape and a confession on a public forum :-Plol

BigBanger
12-04-2008, 12:35 PM
When video evidence is clear as day . There is a good chance it will force a confession . Is that not you , bla , bla , bla .

When people have not had to many run ins with the law they find it hard to keep the mouth shut or dont know to lawyer up as soon as law shows up at your door .

denali
12-04-2008, 01:15 PM
All videos appear to be gone..I hope copies were made by someone...

Alright...I thought the kid would remove these sometime soon... just happened to accidentally snatch them... :razz:

Here's a re-post...

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzBe5SCvO5M

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tEjdK93Z0o

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWiYKNFytRs

rocksteady
12-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Good job denali......Just cause it was deleted does not mean its not around in cyberspace...:razz::razz:

huntcoop
12-04-2008, 02:18 PM
I wonder why they didn't shoot the hat rack mulie in video 2. :eek:

hunter1947
12-04-2008, 03:44 PM
I say the young fellow knows more then that of the father and the other hunter that was there.

What the young man needs to do is go out with someone that can say to this young man thats a mule deer and that is a whitetail deer.
The farther of this Young man need to be taken out with a person that can show him what to look for when identifying ether species as well :roll:.

rocksteady
12-04-2008, 05:17 PM
I contacted the guy that posted this video, And asked him about who shot it and how only one guy had a backpack on.

His response was:"......Only one guy shot the goat, he's a quick shot and reloads fast.............we left the hide in the bush and boned out all the meat..."

He has since removed the video from youtube...... wonder why??

I do not have a problem with all 3 shooting at one goat, even if only 1 tag...Better than only having 1 shooter, no backup and the shooter wounding and then chasing it around the hillside the rest of the day...I think the CO's may agree....

I do agree that the pack looked pretty light......I am guessing you should get maybe 100 lbs of meat off a good billy/ plus maybe 40 lbs for hide/head....

kootenayelkslayer
12-04-2008, 05:33 PM
He has since removed the video from youtube......

Dammit, I liked that video. I have to agree with Rocksteady, I don't mind a few guys shooting a goat. They're a tough animal, and you don't want to give them much chance to get stuck in a place that you might not be able to get to. I was just hunting that same mountain side last week, and its not really a place you want a wounded goat to get away uphill on you.
A brown bear guide is allowed to shoot his clients bear right after him, the guide doesn't have a tag, what's the diff?;-)

Will
12-04-2008, 06:32 PM
A brown bear guide is allowed to shoot his clients bear right after him, the guide doesn't have a tag, what's the diff?;-)
Goats don't usually try and Eat you when the shot goes bad :lol:

Bottom line is this......IF you do not have a Tag for the animal in your pocket you should not be shooting at it.
Sure we can dream up reasons and excuses to "justify" this but it's a fine line. If we condone this type of "party hunting" then what's wrong with Daddy filling Juniors tag or hey how many wives get LEH's and Hubby shoots the animal for them etc. Gets pretty grey really quick doesn't it.

Best leave the shooting to the tag Holder IMO.

Besides who wants to pose with and lay claim to an animal you and your three buddies opened up on.......? :neutral:

smoke-eater
12-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Sorry guys, I just asked the guy a simple question about his video, Why would he delete it?? because i asked a simple question. If you dont want people to question what you are doing/did, THEN DONT POST IT ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB!!!!! I wasnt trying to say he or his buddies were doing anything wrong.

And i dont mind having a back-up some times, but 3 guys shooting at a goat. In that video the second shot was half a second after the first. (I would be pissed at my partner if he did that to me, its one thing if the goats high tailing it for some cliffs) And there were 4 shots after the goat was rolling down the hill........

Pretty red neck hunting if you ask me.....

Jigger
12-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Probably realizes he will have to deal with people complaining and not enjoying a hunting video, alittle red neck but a good vid. I have hunted goats they will take some punishment, there was more then one tag, too bad he took his vids down enjoyed watching them....

rocksteady
12-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Sure we can dream up reasons and excuses to "justify" this but it's a fine line.

There are instances where having backup is a good thing....Dangerous game, and hish risks that if you shoot and wound, that you will never recover the animal (especially goats) (thats a waste)...It depends on every scenario and persons opinion.......

Would Wayne have liked to have had backup, when he shot his buck that he never found til a few days later and was not edible????? MAybe/maybe not....Only he can answer that...And hindsight is 20/20....

Will
12-05-2008, 04:06 PM
There are instances where having backup is a good thing....Dangerous game, and hish risks that if you shoot and wound, that you will never recover the animal (especially goats) (thats a waste)...It depends on every scenario and persons opinion.......

Yes that's exactly why I said.........
Originally Posted by Will http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=371882#post371882)
Sure we can dream up reasons and excuses to "justify" this but it's a fine line.

Rest assured if a CO sees someone shooting at an animal they do not personnally have a TAG for I hope he/she shares your opinion.:wink:

GoatGuy
12-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Hunt grizzlies alone then you don't need to worry about somebody else shooting your critters.

Will
12-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Hunt grizzlies alone then you don't need to worry about somebody else shooting your critters.
Who said anyone was worried about somebody else shooting thier critters ?:neutral:

Stone Sheep Steve
12-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Who said anyone was worried about somebody else shooting thier critters ?:neutral:

Calvin wasn't worried but he should have been:redface:.
Oh well, at least I had a tag:p.

SSS

Will
12-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Calvin wasn't worried but he should have been:redface:.
Oh well, at least I had a tag:p.

............;-)

Stone Sheep Steve
12-05-2008, 04:27 PM

But don't you need someone to pass you the extra clip when the first one is empty:mrgreen:.

SSS

eastkoot
12-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Hunt grizzlies alone then you don't need to worry about somebody else shooting your critters

Obviously you've never done it ,pass Zeman the tiolet paper!!!!!!!!!!

GoatGuy
12-05-2008, 04:42 PM
But don't you need someone to pass you the extra clip when the first one is empty:mrgreen:.

SSS

Minor details.

That's why you pack the leatherman.

GoatGuy
12-05-2008, 04:45 PM

Real men shoot animals all by themselves without the help of anybody else. :razz::razz:

The previous post was in jest - sorry, I'll use the :razz::mad: faces to make sure the message has been telegraphed, maybe mail it out first.

GoatGuy
12-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Obviously you've never done it

Well, I saw a grizzly once in Kamloops right off the highway. :eek:

He was a vegetarian - I watched him eat grapes and watermelon. I got so close I probably could have touched him.:!:

Grizzly bears aren't dangerous - everybody knows that.

Most of them live in zoos and on mine property anyways - both of those are no hunting and that's why there's so many of them.

One day I hope to see one in the wild, but from a lonnnnnnnggggggggg distance away like maybe a couple kilometres from inside the car - don't forget to lock the doors.

Will
12-05-2008, 05:08 PM
The previous post was in jest - sorry, I'll use the :razz::mad: faces to make sure the message has been telegraphed, maybe mail it out first.
No need to be sorry...but I think much better of you now :-D

But just to help understand my thoughts on this folks.......

There is a HUGE diff between a socalled "Back up" shot on a Grizz vs a group of Hunters dumping rounds at a single goat ? If he's proud of his accomplishment Great ! I guess Taxidermists have lots of thread anyways:-D

I dunno maybe I look at things differently then some...........

smoke-eater
12-05-2008, 05:15 PM
No need to be sorry...but I think much better of you now :-D

But just to help understand my thoughts on this folks.......

There is a HUGE diff between a socalled "Back up" shot on a Grizz vs a group of Hunters dumping rounds at a single goat ? If he's proud of his accomplishment Great ! I guess Taxidermists have lots of thread anyways:-D

I dunno maybe I look at things differently then some...........

Im on the same page as you..........

Alex
01-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Any idea if the videos are still available? Or if someone kept a copy?

Thanks,

Alex

Alex
01-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Someone must have it.

Anyone?